Saturday 16 January 2010

Of potential pub brawls and Shakespearean views

I have recently realised that my entire view of life is based on Romeo And Juliet.
I believe that love and hate always come in pairs. Like binary oppositions in media studies. One cannot exist without the other. If there is no hate, how can you know what love is?
However, I also firmly believe that love will triumph in the end. Although Romeo and Juliet take their own lives, they are together in death, and their families are brought together in grief. As long as someone is always holding on to that hope that love will triumph, then one day that hope will become a reality. If hope is lost, then what? Losing hope can have disasterous effects, both physically and mentally, and I've seen what it can do to a person. Although I'd really rather not go into that.

Ok, enough pensive-ness for the moment. The soundtrack to the Romeo and Juliet filmbought in town today. I went there with brought it on, which I Emi and Georgie, where they planned the conception of their Californian bar. I don't think my interjections of "Finns!" at random intervals were particularly helpful, but hey, you can't have everything in life. My apparent ability to be a deep thinker is balanced with the fact that I have no idea when to shut up.

Today's music is from the soundtrack.

Peace & Love

No comments: