Sunday 20 December 2009

Of hair dye disasters and raging against machines

There was a campaign recently to try to get a song other than the winning X Factor single to number 1 in the UK charts this week. The song chosen to rival it was Killing In The Name by Rage Against The Machine. Now, there's campaigns like this every year, and I always download the song, just the once, though it never seems to come to anything.
Rage Against The Machine - Killing In The Name

For the record, I have nothing against Joe McElderry (the X Factor winner). I actually think he has a pretty good voice. It's just the whole principle of the programme. The contestants get this record deal, where they'll have like one or two hit singles and then be promptly forgotten. The exception here is Leona Lewis, and even she's mostly popular in the States. People have their dreams crushed on that programme, people are turned away simply because they don't have the right look or because they like the wrong sort of music. But there's one man who wins every time, and that is Mr Simon Cowell. Don't even get me started on him.

So, I downloaded this song off iPrunes, then today checked back to see how it was doing.
Lo and behold: NUMBER ONE
EPIC WIN.
In other news, I dyed my hair reddish brown recently. Semi - permanent. Said it comes out in 24 washes. Well I've washed it once and it's nearly all gone already! Just the top of my head is red, the rest is my natural boring brown. Ah well, at least it doesn't look too retarded.

Peace & Love

No comments: