Saturday 26 September 2009

Of songs and friendships

Do you have a song?
A song that you had no part in writing but that somehow speaks to you? I was talking to my friend Georgie about this, and we came up with two different reasons why a song might speak to you.

Georgie's song is I'm Not Okay by My Chemical Romance. This is because she heard the song, and it gave her the incentive to change everything about her life to something she could like about herself. She feels that she owes a lot to the song, so that's why it's "her" song.



My song is Escapist by Nightwish, but not because it's changed me in any way. What Escapist does is takes what my life is already like and puts it into music. I'm a bit of a dreamer, and I don't like being stuck in the never ending loop of things. So that's "my" song.



Peace & Love

No comments: