Saturday 20 June 2009

Of motivation and inspiration

It is a truth universally acknowledged that lying only brings about hurt and pain.
So I'm not going to pretend that I love you.
Or at least, I'm not in love with you.
You're just another person, another cloud in the sky over London...

... but something in the worlds you create paint a portrait of my soul.
Bearing in mind that you have no idea what goes on in my head.

May you never know.

You bring about a change in me.

The bright smoke of your eyes makes me feel like I'm drowning in pure liquid oxygen, yet having no desire to escape this fate.

The harmonies emitted from your slender fingertips make me want to scream my heart out, cry my eyes out, and grin like a psychopath all at the same time.

Every time you speak, some strange chemical is injected into my bloodstream that makes my heart ache for you. Even if you talk of something completely trivial.

I can imagine you hear crap like this all the time, but you are the only reason I get up in the morning ready for the bliss the day will bring, and the only reason I've ever cried myself to sleep.

You've taken long strands of my DNA and arranged them into the words and stanzas that light up my soul.

You provide me with an escape route, a beautiful sanctuary without violence or pain that I can use to find my release.

I visit it so often its concrete path has become worn with my footsteps.

I long for you to find what makes you happy and completes you, but at the same time am afraid that it will change you.

It's selfish, but it's true.

When I was on the verge of giving up my hopes and dreams and sacrificing myself to reality, you came into my mind, twisting your fingers through your dark tangle of hair and politely requested that I stop being such a dumbass.

I've never thought of giving up again.

Your very expression makes me feel like an over-excited three year old, an angsty teenager and an adult who's seen it all and more, all in the same instant.

You motivate my life.
You inspire my words.

You give me the hope I can always cling to, no matter what.

And yet all I can possibly do in return is say two words which in this context mean the world.

Thank You

Peace & Love

No comments: